Professor in Quality Improvement and Leadership in Health and Welfare
School of Health and Welfare, Jönköping Academy
The School of Health and Welfare is one of four schools within Jönköping University (JU) and one of the leading institutions in the country for academic studies in health, nursing and social work. We work across disciplines with a focus on practical use. We offer an equal and inclusive workplace and we welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds. For more information, visit www.ju.se
Each of the four schools at Jönköping University has its own designated focus areas and research activities. In some fields research is conducted in collaboration between two or more of the schools. One of them is the Jönköping Academy (JA) for Improvement of Health and Welfare within the school of Health and Welfare (HHJ). JA was co-created by the Region Jönköping County, the municipalities in the County and JU in 2009. As a strategic priority, JA is currently establishing a new Centre for Co-production, a centre of research and development focusing on co-production of health and welfare services. Most of the research at JA is part of the research group IMPROVE, one of five research groups at HHJ. IMPROVE has a broad network of collaborators nationally and internationally. For more information, visit www.jonkopingacademy.se
As chair/professor you will be an important part of the research and education communities at JA and IMPROVE, and scientific leader of the Centre for Co-production. There are already four PhD students enrolled in studies with a focus on co-production.
As Chair of Co-production of Health and Welfare you will strategically lead, undertake and develop research and education in the Co-production of Health and Welfare locally, nationally and internationally, and publish research in peer reviewed scientific journals. You will work together with leaders of research and education at JA to develop innovative education nationally and internationally in co-production from various perspectives of health and welfare.
Other work tasks are:
- perform own research in the field, supervise PhD students, mentor post-doctoral research staff and support the development of processes for their academic advancement
- apply for local, national and international research grants and support research applications from JA.
- strengthen the multidisciplinary work at JU and enhance interprofessional learning and development
- strengthen co-creation with wider society with a special focus on citizens, users (for example, patients, clients and families) and organizations supporting them
- actively participate in education at JA and other activities at JA and IMPROVE
For qualifications as a professor you are required to have a doctoral degree in relevant field and deep subject knowledge in the area of co-production and/or co-design as demonstrated by award of research grants and peer reviewed publication record. You have in the field demonstrated scientific proficiency through independent research efforts that significantly exceed quantitative and qualitative requirements for the teacher's competence and which includes planning, management and scientific publication of research in peer reviewed journals.
To be eligible for the position you shall also have:
- for the subject area, relevant professional qualification and interprofessional background
- experience of academic leadership, forming and leading research groups and experience of working with different stakeholders
- experience of research in partnership with the wider community by building such partnerships with practice, especially in perspectives of co-production and co-design
- experience of co-creation with the wider society with a special focus on development together with citizens, users (for example patients, clients and families) and organizations supporting them in health and welfare
- experience in independent research and research in teams with interdisciplinary perspectives
- experience in participating in and developing international networks in the field of research
You have documented teaching ability and ability to interact with the wider community in development programs and dissemination of research findings. You have documented experience of teaching at all levels, which includes education administration and educational leadership such as program and course development.
It is meritorious with documented experience of international research and education cooperation, review and opponent assignments at doctoral level, management assignments in universities/colleges, experience of working with complex process and systems thinking. Experience from how to spread and support the utilization of research and development work outside the scientific community through public engagement activities, experience from Scandinavian health and welfare context and initiative in co-creating processes with mutuality and reciprocity are meritorious.
High competence in communicating and teaching in English is prerequisite, fluent in Scandinavian language is meritorious. You have evidenced good leadership and teamwork skills and ability to contribute to a good working environment, networking with the surrounding community locally, nationally and internationally. You are curious, creative and boundary spanning between theory and practice, and between different research paradigms and scientific methods. Furthermore, you can collaborate and communicate professionally in international, interdisciplinary environments, are system thinking and have a genuine interest in unique perspectives of different stakeholders.
For full eligibility requirements see ‘Regulations for Appointment of Teachers at Jönköping University’.
The employment is permanent with full-time physically placed in Jönköping. Starting date is 20th August 2019 or according to agreement.
Your application, written in English, should include
- accompanying letter with information about the applicant
- letter of intent (max 2 pages) (appendix 1)
- a complete CV including references (appendix 2)
- publication list (appendix 3)
- validated doctoral degree certificate (appendix 4)
- validated certificates of completed university education courses (appendix 5)
- a more comprehensive account of the merits that will be assessed by experts (appendix 6a,6b etc)
- a maximum of 10 most relevant peer-reviewed publications (appendix 7a,7b etc.)
Deadline for application is December 1, 2018.
Type of employment Permanent position
Contract type Full time
First day of employment August 20, 2019 or according to agreement
Salary Monthly salary
Number of positions 1
Working hours 100%
County Jönköpings län
Reference number 2018/3041-221
Kristina Areskoug Josefsson, +46 36-10 1204
Brittmarie Jacobsson, Saco-S, +46 36-10 1342
Emma Kramer, Lärarförbundet, +46 36-10 1289
Thomas Axelsson, ST, +46 36-10 1076
Last application date 01.Dec.2018 11:59 PM CET