International PhD College SPIN
SPIN is an initiative of Innsbruck Medical University and Innsbruck Leopold-Franzens University. It was established in September 2007 with the support of the FWF Austrian Science Fund.
- individual supervision and monitoring (students have their indivdual thesis steering committee)
- a highly structured SPIN-specific educational program
- laboratory rotations in the twelve participating institutions
- funded research exchange with international laboratories
- retreats and social activities
- guaranteed salary as suggested by the Austrian Science Fund (approx. € 1, 933.30 gross per month) for the proposed 3-years, health insurance and social benefits
- state-of-the art facilities and resources
- personal and career development
- duration of degree: 3 years
- degree: PhD (Doctor of Philosophy)
- entry requirements: life sciences, bioinformatics, chemistry, pharmacy, psychology or human medicine graduate
- recruitment procedure: written application, web-based exam, personal interview
Our SPIN students work across disciplines and pursue research projects that involve more than one lab. These research collaborations are enhanced by lab rotations, as well as study and research in other Austrian or international labs.